How does an apprentice car mechanic become one of the country's top mortgage brokers? Aucklander Vanessa Belton began her working life in a mechanics workshop aiming to fix cars. She thinks that demonstrates her aptitude for rolling her sleeves up and getting the job done no matter what!
Mortgage broking proved her true calling and Vanessa now has many years' experience in lending, banking and finance. When working for one large mortgage company she was this company's top performer in Auckland for several years running and also achieved a high level of settled home loans consistently placing her among the top ten mortgage brokers for this company in New Zealand.
"How many mortgages you secure is about how willing people are to deal with you. Banks are used to dealing with me and I have formed relationships built on trust so I can get the money you need for the home you want."
Vanessa started Greenlight Mortgages in order to empower people with her advice and experience from many years in the industry. Having owned several properties as well as having built two homes Vanessa has experienced first hand the difficulties in obtaining a mortgage and understand the stresses and strains associated with home financing. Owning her own business has also given her a sound understanding of the challenges facing business owners and has helped her assist many clients with financing, buying and running their own successful enterprises.
"Mortgage broking is about people and watching them change and grow. Helping people to own their own home is an exciting time and I have some people who have bought several houses with my help over the years. My absolute passion is problem solving and I love nothing more than finding a successful outcome for my clients."
Book your free no obligation personal consultation with Vanessa
T: 09 411 9114 M: 027 222 4449
Are our services really free? In most cases, absolutely!
The only time you'll be charged a fee for our services is if the lender will not pay us directly for what we are doing for you.
This happens in some cases, and we will always discuss a fee upfront and mutually agree this in advance.
- PLAN award (Professional Lenders network) for number 24 broker in New Zealand on their network 2008-9
- PLAN Sales Master Award Bronze 1 April 2008-Sept 2009
- Mortgage Express Top Performing Mobile Mortgage Manager Northern Region - October 2004 – March 2007
- Mortgage express 75 Million settled Home Loans award March 2007
- Member of the Professional Advisers Association (PAA)
- Scout leader
- Distinguished Service Award from NZ Scouts
- Volunteer for Motat Aviation Display Hall
- Volunteer for Outdoor Training Auckland
- Leader for Auckland Women’s Tramping Group
- Member of the BNI Network
- Member of the Venus Women’s Networking Group